Inclusive life-long learning, adoption of universal design, supply of assistive technologies are some of the key measures that can be adopted to ensure an inclusive future of work of persons with disabilities. Join Fundación ONCE, CSR Europe and ILO GBDN at DHub webinar next July 1st to learn more.
The future of work presents major challenges and opportunities for society. Challenges need to be addressed and opportunities must be seized in order to ensure no one is left behind, especially those most vulnerable as persons with disabilities, in alignment with the United Nations´ 2030 Agenda and the Sustainable Development Goals.
Fundación ONCE and the International Labour Organization Global Business and Disability Network (ILO GBDN), in the framework of Disability Hub Europe, have identified five key objectives for the inclusion of persons with disabilities in the future of work:
- Ensure new forms of employment and employment relations integrate disability inclusion
- Skills development and life-long learning made inclusive of persons with disabilities
- Universal Design embedded in development of new infrastructure, products and services
- Assistive technologies, existing and newly developed, to be made affordable and available
- Measures to include persons with disabilities in growing and developing areas of the economy
Those findings are part of the publication “Making the future of work inclusive of persons with disabilities”, developed by Fundación ONCE and the ILO GBDN in the framework of Disability Hub Europe (DHub) with the co-funding of the European Social Fund (ESF). The document analyses for the first time key trends that are shaping the future of work from a disability perspective.
Would you like to discover what actions can be implemented to ensure an inclusive future of work of persons with disabilities? Join Fundación ONCE, CSR Europe and ILO GBDN at the webinar “Making the future of work inclusive of persons with disabilities” next July 1st 2020 from 11:00 to 12:00 (CEST), organized in the framework of Disability Hub Europe (DHub).
You will discover:
- How the main trends of the future of work impact persons with disabilities, in terms of risks and opportunities
- Key objectives that have been identified for the inclusion of persons with disabilities in the future of work
- How can stakeholders contribute to a more disability-inclusive future of work
- The impact of COVID-19 on the inclusion of people with disabilities in the labour market
- Additionally, experts will share good practices on how to make the technological revolution inclusive of people with disabilities
Live captioning and sign language will be provided!
Register to the webinar in the following link.